Screen Printing - Production Lead
For Consideration of this Job Posting, please click APPLY above.
This is a full time position that supports multi-plant, custom manufacturing operations with a commitment to quality and exceeding customer expectations. Production hours are 2:30pm - 1am, 4 days a week (M-TH), with OT as necessary. Production work environment is in a climate controlled, open workspace with light equipment manufacturing.
Reports To: Screen Division - Production Manager
Summary: Overall knowledge and experience of all production aspects of the screen printing process (screen making, exposure, preparation, reclamation, material handling, printing [cylinder and flatbed], and ink mixing) with the ability to lead and manage a production shift in a high volume, high quality production setting.
Compensation includes health, dental, life and long term disability insurance along with 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account and Cafeteria Plan. Please see the ALG benefits link above for a complete listing.
Compensation Range: Based upon experience
SPECIFICS of SCREEN PRINT PRODUCTION LEAD
• Oversee the quality control for all production runs - verifying initial set-ups, color control, matching first articles and overall production accuracy.
• Manage all shift personnel in terms of production, supervisor, training and efficiency
• Have knowledge in running automatic screen presses (Flatbed and Cylinder presses)
• Knowledgeable in screen printing processes, including burning screens, mixing inks, setting up a press, making required adjustments to achieve overall quality products
• Ability to direct a team of press operators, pre-press and finishing personnel with an attention to production volume, on-time fulfillment and production accuracy
• Dedicated attention to detail in producing quality parts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee operators using production equipment safely and efficiently, producing quality products.
• Inspection of products produced to job specifications and quality standards
• Ability to manage production schedule and orders, making necessary job assignments to production team
• Plans and prepares materials needed to produce jobs
• Ensures all production records are completed and signed off as required by company guidelines.
• Holds team to standards of 5S standards ensuring cleanliness and efficiency in work area
• Project positive and professional behavior/attitude toward customers, team and other ALG employees
• Additional tasks/duties/special projects may be assigned, as necessary
ALG Labels and Graphics is a custom manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels and decals celebrating over 50 years in business. Our focus is delivering value to our customers with responsive service, quality products and low cost production. Our mission is to make it easy for you to do business with ALG.
3005 4th Avenue South,
Birmingham, Alabama 35233
ALG Labels and Graphics